Interlaw ensures professional development is at the forefront of our organization and hosts quarterly network-wide meetings to discuss topical issues and latest legal innovations. Additionally, relations between our strategic partners are further enhanced through regular workshops, receptions, professional congresses and informal 'meet ups'.
INTERLAW LIVE: Managing and Protecting Your Employees Globally During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The global outbreak of COVID-19 has created a unique set of circumstances for organizations and employers across Latin America and around the world.
During these unprecedented times, we understand that safeguarding and managing your employees is paramount and have assembled an expert panel of Interlaw employment lawyers for this special question and answer webinar to provide clear guidance and practical advice. Different countries are at different points in this pandemic and leveraging their collective wisdom is crucial to being able to advise clients.
From ensuring the health and safety of your workforce and managing absence, to understanding your obligations around sick pay, our legal specialists from across Latin America and Europe will answer key questions about managing your global workforce. Among the questions that will be discussed:
- Should employees be paid while they are self-isolating?
- What happens if someone is taken ill with COVID-19 symptoms in the workplace?
- What steps are mandatory for employers to take to ensure the safety standards of the workplace are met?
- Is it possible to suspend employment contracts during the mandatory self-isolating period?
- Is it possible to request employees to use their vacation leave entitlement during the mandatory self-isolating period?
- Are there restrictions to terminate employment contracts during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What should employers and organizations continue to plan for as this crisis progresses?
This is your opportunity to set the agenda and get the information you need to best manage and protect your workforce throughout this global pandemic. Please submit your questions in advance of our panel session on the registration site for this event here.
|Dates||Apr 8, 2020|